Wednesday 19 May 2010

MATERIAL




The chosen material of my design was entirely inspired by the theme of my project, street dance. The dance first came from the streets where a dancer uses local surroundings in helping them choreography their dance routine. Where materials around help them restrict in movement the building uses this idea and flows the material of street into the building.
The main chosen materials tarmac and concrete is a classic outdoor material, I have chosen to use. These two allows performers to flow in between spaces efficiently creating an extendable stage for them to perform on. The corrugated plastic was taken on from semester 1 where I have used it for a roofing cladding in which it acts with acoustic and light I thought it will be relevant to bring them together as it acts as a liking point of the Creek and the dance academy.